Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Change and capacity strengthening manager – Right First time Project Delivery Review at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children’s ambition for children is heavily dependent upon restricted income from our donors and partners. 67% of our organisational income comes from our range of institutional, corporate and/or philanthropic partners, and 97% of country office budgets is project spend. Getting this area of work right then is fundamental to our mission, and whether we succeed or fail in delivering our global strategy and country strategic plans.
The vision for the Right First Time (RFT) project delivery review is a shift in SC global approach to managing projects and awards that capitalises on the optimal value add of each level (CO, RO, centre,member) and function (finance, operations and awards), reducing duplication, increasing effectiveness and ultimately delivering better impact for children.
The change and capacity building manager role will contribute to this vision by managing a change process designed to rebalance resources, competencies and accountabilities for programme and award management between SC members and country and regional offices.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience and capability in change management and supporting the delivery of major projects within a large and complex international organisation.
- Good experience of designing, managing and facilitating face to face and online training events and workshops, including a range of adult learning methodologies (e.g. simulations, case studies, group work, presentations and distance learning)
- Strong commitment to, and significant experience in, capacity building and continuous professional development including mentoring/coaching
- Experience of solving issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Affinity, knowledge and experience of working within a standardised project/change methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally
- Proven experience delivering high quality communications, products or tools targeting a diverse range of audie
- True passion for results, responsibility and proactivity
- Ability to work as part of a team within a networked structure, and to maintain good working relationships with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Save the Children or other federated INGOs.
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering global projects across diverse organisations and in in remote project teams
- Experience of developing e-learning programmes
- A second language, preferably French, Spanish or Arabic
We can offer circa £43,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 27 Nov 2021
Closing date: 14 Dec 2021 – 01:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contract