COMESA Governance Peace and Security Unit has prioritized supporting the youth in the region through an internship programme. The programme seeks to engage three interns to support the implementation of the African Peace and Security Architecture (APSA) as implemented by COMESA. The three interns will be engaged for a six-month period to support general peace and security programmes. It is envisaged that the internship will provide the selected youth with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience that will enable them to blend the theoretical knowledge with practical elements in the area of peace and security as also support it through communications and visibility as well as though monitoring and evaluation of APSA programme.
For more information about Governance Peace and Security please visit https://www.comesa.int/governance-peace-security/
Duties and Responsibilities
The three interns will assist the GPS team to monitor and follow-up on the emerging peace and security situations in the region. Specifically:
The first intern (six months) will:
– Support the GPS team with substantive preparation of the various peace and security reports;
– Flag relevant new research and publications, especially related to youth, peace and security, climate change as well as children in armed conflict.
– Support programme staff in the prepare thematic papers in the area of peace and security and making presentation to the GPS team
– Attending and taking notes during conferences and meetings including virtual meetings
– Assist with any other ad-hoc assignment relevant to the work of GPS.
The Second intern (six months) will in addition to the actions duties of the first intern listed above:
– Review the APSA Visibility and communication strategy
– Work with APSA staff as well as COMESA visibility and communications unit to identify and implement actions for visibility and communications.
The third intern (six months) on the other hand will, in addition to the actions and duties of the first intern listed above:
– Review the APSA Workplan
– Working with ASPA staff, COMESA M&E and AU PMT develop and populate a M&E template for COMESA APSA
Click on the link below for more details.
Post expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday March 10th, 2021
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Category: International Job
Deadline: March 10, 2021
Company Name: COMESA