The Deputy Country Director, Administration (DCDA) is a critical role that will design and lead the management and technical expertise of our operations and people operations in Liberia. The DCDA is a proven leader that is directly responsible for overseeing and driving management systems improvements in our business operations. The DCDA will work closely with the Country Director (CD) to build and monitor strong policies, serve as the safety and security lead and ensure effective coordination, technical support, quality assurance, and accountability in close collaboration with the programmatic and business services teams.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a champion and senior representative of Last Mile Health as needed in external meetings related to administrations/business management
- Review and recommend for approval where relevant LMH contracts, legal documents, and large expenses and hiring documentation
- Serve as point of contact with critical LMH operational partnerships and vendors, including legal team, insurance, and others.
- Coordinating complementary functions between Ops, POP, and Fin to build a strong business services team.
- Coordinate essential functions between the Programs and Business Services team to ensure appropriate input into programs implementation and planning is mutually provided.
- Serve as project lead for co-designing and overseeing countrywide rollouts of systems to enhance productivity and promote standard ways of working, leadership coordination, etc
- Support or lead in-country external partnership engagement for business services, including contracting and development of partnership agreements.
- Leads, in drafting and revising policies as needed, ensuring compliance with internal LMH policies guaranteeing human resources, operations, and finance functional areas operate in line with donor requirements, Liberian laws, and MOH strategy and guidelines
- Lead on Safety and Security in Liberia: Chair existing risk mitigation and response functions, build and strengthen our safety protocols and processes, provide oversight and accountability for safety training, serve as a point of contact for LMH emergencies in-country
- Support internal investigations
- Chair risk exercises and reviews on LMH Liberia’s operational stance,
- Provide oversight for IT, Operations, and People operations departments and their projects and ensure sync between their workstreams
- Lead annual and multiyear work planning activities developing appropriate OKRs to enabling People Ops and OPS to function effectively
- Provide coaching and professional development support to department heads and other core operations & people operations staffing, ensuring that all employees receive guidance, support, and professional development to perform in their roles.
- Ensure that teams have robust performance management and development plans in place designed to scale individual capacity as quickly as possible
- Guide a robust hiring and staffing strategy for critical administration and business services roles.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, master’s degree in a relevant field desirable
- 10-14 years of operations and people management experience, experience overseeing human resources, senior management
- NGO and Liberia experience is preferable.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have Extensive knowledge of best practices in operations
- You have Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a High level of initiative
- You have a Commitment to health and social justice
- Ability to work in a flexible and adaptable manner
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- You Can manage managers who are overseeing large teams
- You a Goals-based management approach to leadership; the ability to design OKRs and use them as a management tool
- You are a Systems thinker and systems builder
- Have Experience or training in management safety, security, and incidents
- You have a Strong budgeting and work planning skills
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston, and New York. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Monrovia, Montserrado, Liberia
Category: International Jobs
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Company Name: Last Mile Health