*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director, Network and Security Operations role is an influential role that determines how to implement the defined technology strategy and is a member of the AWG (architecture working group) for the partnership. This position is responsible for managing the Network and Security Operations group to deliver solutions on a global scale and ensure support for operational activities. The teams will define and maintain technical standards/roadmaps and work closely with field staff to deploy and/or support. This position champions architectural principles, artifacts, and technical roadmaps to create an environment that is responsive to change and supports the delivery of the business strategy.
Individuals in the IT Director II roles are responsible for managing, maintaining and developing global IT processes and standards relevant to their area. They manage multiple IT processes within one functional area and provide IT services to multiple regions globally.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Individuals in the Architect job family interface across all business areas, acting as visionaries to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects. They conceive strategies, solutions, build consensus, and sell/execute solutions. They are involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, from the initial kickoff through the requirements analysis, design and implementation. Additional responsibilities may include the establishment of the overall architectural viewpoints and the establishment and oversight of organization standards and policies. Architects identify major system interfaces, build e-business capabilities, and identify existing architecture weaknesses and opportunities for systems.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Implements the tactical components of the IT strategy at an Enterprise level.
- Works with business partners to understand business needs.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Embraces and executes change through frequent, communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Consistently advocates for the change.
- Coaches staff through the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Provides input into demand management process and executes on plan.
- Provides input to technology planning within a functional area.
- Implements solutions consistent within current context of overall architecture.
- Implements defined process improvements.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development:
- Develops and implements technologies to improve the performance of a business efficiency and effectiveness.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within the assigned function or Center of Competency (COC).
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires experience in managing high performance teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Expert technical knowledge in at least one of the domains within the portfolio and working knowledge in the other(s).
- Typically have 10 or more years of experience in multiple IT areas.
- Experience with digital transformation initiatives (IAM, data analytics, etc).
- Experience in the architecture realm: principles, design patterns, solution design.
- Effective in excellent written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in technology strategy planning and roadmap creation.
- Experience in leading big change and influencing others.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Employment Type: Full Time
Category: International Jobs
Deadline: March 12, 2021
Company Name: World Vision International