Access to and provision of voluntary family planning (FP) methods is a foundational strategy to improve maternal, newborn, and child health. While impressive gains have been seen in contraceptive prevalence in Mozambique, more work is needed to address the multiple challenges women and their families face in accessing and using FP and to build upon efforts that are yielding positive results. FHI 360 is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration – Mozambique Improved Family Planning Initiative for an anticipated award from the United States Agency for International Development in Mozambique (USAID/Mozambique) to enable women and couples to achieve their reproductive intentions. The anticipated award is a five-year 39.9 million dollar cooperative agreement that aims to 1) increase demand for the adoption of health reproductive behaviors; 2) expand equitable access for quality FP services; and 3) improve leadership and commitment to the national family planning programs at all levels. This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will provide financial leadership and operational oversight for all aspects of the project in accordance with United States Government (USG) and USAID regulation and policies including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The DFA work with the project’s technical team and the Chief of Party to develop a budget to implement program activities. The DFA will use existing FHI 360 financial systems and procedures to manage and administer the budget and will create program specific strategies to contain and track costs as needed. The DFA will work with FHI 360 and receive support from FHI 360’s Southern and Eastern African Regional office. The DFA will manage other finance and administrative personnel to ensure efficient and effective financial and administrative management of the project. This position will be based in Maputo.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets regularly with technical teams to develop budgets that fit the scope of project activities.
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on financial projects and compliances.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets- actual and forecast.
- Provide leadership in financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments, processes and compliance of financial systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of Mozambique laws.
- Keep abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and provide mentorship to team and local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Manage the operational and strategic functions for the finance team to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Develop budget, procedures, and ensure training of staff to achieve results.
- Oversee/review procurement requests and payment vouchers for purchasing of goods and services and for program activities and ensure that all disbursements or reimbursements are made in compliance with FHI 360 policy and applicable to donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews implementing partner budgets for correctness and verify that budgets conform to FHI 360 and donor regulations.
- Oversee administrative, financial, accounting and other technical assistance as required to FHI 360 staff and/or implementing agency staff.
- Must be familiar with and able to perform job duties of lower level positions within this job function.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 12+ years of finance and administrative management experience.
- Familiarity with USG and USAID rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with governmental and non-governmental partners, including civil society and faith-based organizations.
- Prior experience working in USAID is required.
- Fluency in Portuguese and strong oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Experience working in Mozambique is desired and Mozambican nationals are encouraged to apply.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mozambique-Maputo (F; Beijo da Mulata St.)
Category: International Jobs
Company Name: FHI 360