FHI 360, a U.S.-based nonprofit organization, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Manager based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra region of Morocco to support a planned USAID-funded project aimed at promoting the socio-economic inclusion of marginalized groups in Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance and the enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities in the region.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial leadership of the project, ensuring the quality, speed, and efficiency of project implementation, day-to-day financial operations, and closing. The manager will also ensure compliance with global standards of excellence and requirements specified by USAID.
Under the supervision of the director of the department concerned, the financial manager will assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the financial operations of the project
- Ensure compliance of financial and operational systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures
- Advise the Director of the department concerned and the Team Leader on the financial situation and availability of funds for project activities
- Participate in the development and analysis of project financial reports.
- Participate in the preparation and analysis of monthly FHI 360 expenses.
- Participate in the preparation and coordination of the monthly closing work.
- Participate in the accounting work: verification of supporting documents, monitoring of payments and processing of transactions in the accounting software.
- Participate in the management of advances, follow up and liquidation of advances for missions, workshops, staff, partners and consultants.
- Participate in the preparation of salaries, and preparation of tax statements.
- Participate in the analysis of partners’ expenses and verify and validate accounting documents.
- Work on the drafting of various financial administrative documents: letters, Exemption Titles, etc.
- Supervise the project accountant to maintain a highly secure financial system.
- Assist in the organization and preparation of the various audits of the accounts
Education and qualifications required
- A Master’s degree or higher in finance and accounting or an equivalent diploma or a BAC+4 with twelve years of experience is required.
- Have at least ten years of experience in the field of accounting and finance.
- Experience in the Middle East and/or North Africa is required, preferably in Morocco.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations regarding grants and contracts is required
- Required knowledge of accounting budgeting and generally accepted physical control principles
- Experience in developing and managing budgets in excess of $20 million
- Experience in building the financial management capacity of community-based organizations and other stakeholders.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets required
- Have an excellent ability to communicate in French, Arabic and English both orally and in writing.
The project is firmly committed to hiring qualified women, youth and disabled people whenever possible and would like to receive their CVs as well as those of other qualified people.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Beni Mellal, Morocco
Category: International Jobs
Company Name: FHI 360