FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the Finance Manager/ Accountant position in Cairo for the USAID-funded Integrated Management of Cultural Tourism (IMCT) Activity.
The objective of the 4-year activity is to increase tourism revenues and local economic benefits, including increased employment and business opportunities, in the cultural tourism sector at targeted destinations. The four results of the IMCT activity are:
Consolidation and reinforcement of GOE efforts to improve the enabling regulatory environment for investment in sustainable cultural heritage tourism; consolidated/reinforced; Selected cultural heritage sites rehabilitated and financially sustainable; Higher-value added tourism products and services developed at target destinations; and Capacity to promote cultural tourism in target destinations enhanced.
The Finance Manager/ Accountant will ensure that sound financial controls are in place and operational activities are implemented in a timely and results-focused manner and are managed in compliance with FHI360 and USAID requirements. She/he will be reporting to Director of Finance and Operations.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for oversight of all financial management areas including accounting, payments reporting systems and procedures
- Manage and monitor the various controls and financial measurements for the projects including budget limits, obligations, burn-rates, budget planning, pipeline analysis on an ongoing basis
- Review and analyze monthly cash flow, cash book and balance sheet reconciliation reports for country office
- Oversee the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports prepared for submission to the program funding agencies and FHI 360
- Maintain adequate financial resources in country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements
- Direct and manage the development of regular updates of country office financial policies and procedures manuals as necessary
- Ensure all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI360 and funding sources
- Clarify any issues arising from audits conducted for the project
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor Degree required, Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years in the areas of finance, accounting, operations management and/or contract management
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated capacity to manage financial systems and procedures of large projects, including 3 years of management.
- Experience and knowledge of USG or other international donor policies and procedures and management of donor funding and projects
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Strong organizational, financial reporting, management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated integrity and fidelity
- Advanced computer skills; knowledgeable in accounting software, MS Windows, Excel, and Word
- Fluency in Arabic and excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Computer spreadsheet experience required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Category: International Jobs
Company Name: FHI 360