Humanitarian Director – Ethiopia Country Office
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, provide leadership and strategic direction to all programmatic aspects of Save the Children humanitarian and emergency responses in Ethiopia. Ensure programme activities are effective and meet long-term goals and objectives of Save the Children, its donors, and the target populations. Ensure immediate and appropriate response to children’s needs during humanitarian crises. Ensure cross sector collaboration among technical units. Ensure high-quality funding proposals are produced and donor-reporting requirements are adhered to and are of the highest standard. Ensure that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld and complies with all relevant policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety.
As member of the SLT, the position holder is also expected to play a significant role in ensuring gender equity among staff is maintained across the organization.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, Masters degree preferred
- Recommended minimum of 8 years’ experience in humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in several fragile or complex contexts
- Understanding of international humanitarian aid systems and agencies
- Experience of working in insecure environments.
- Ample knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional program concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies and components, as well as development concepts and frameworks and the humanitarian architecture
- Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including food aid programs.
- Experience in logistics management
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s practices and procedures and ways of working with children.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Contract duration:2 years