Malawi AIDS Counseling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
MACRO is a locally registered Non-Governmental organisation (NGO) established in 1995 to compliment government efforts in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. Our Vision is “A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social well-being “and the Mission is “to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population”.
With funding from Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The PIVOT Project in Central West Zone and Southern districts of Blantyre, Zomba, Thyolo, Mwanza and Chiradzulu. Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Data Entry Clerk (4) to be based in Ntcheu, Zomba, Thyolo and Chiradzulu.
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related qualification
- Three (3) years’ experiences in data management
- Work experience in NGO setting is an advantage
Key roles and responsibilities
- Assists in planning, development and implementation of appropriate data capturing systems to handle and capture core project activities
- Assists in the timely distribution of data reporting forms and other data related materials in project implementing facilities
- Enters data from source documents into prescribed forms and databases.
- Assists the M&E team in conducting needs assessment for data capturing systems.
- Ensures data quality and accuracy is maintained by physically checking registers, data reporting tools and documentations.
- Conducts data analysis and interpretation into usable form.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following set techniques, formats and procedures.
- Periodically (weekly, monthly and quarterly) provides complete & timely data to the Data Officer, M&E Officer and other stakeholders (end-users) as required.
- Responds to inquiries regarding data as requested
- Performs scheduled data backups and ensuring data is secured always.
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational and professional qualifications, names and contact phone numbers of at least three referees addressed to The Executive Director, MACRO, P.O. Box 797, Lilongwe through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 28th July, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.