Innovations for Poverty Action
FIELD OFFICERS (12) – MARKET DYNAMICS FOR MEDICAL DEVICES PROJECT
START DATE : On Rolling Basis DURATION : 1.5 Months
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the project: PATH’s mission is to advance health equity through innovation and partnerships. Specifically, in relation to Market Dynamics for Maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) Medical Devices, PATH is seeking to identify priority interventions for improving access to critical MNCH medical devices by (a) quantifying the availability of those devices in relevant health facilities, and (b) clarifying key challenges faced in supplying, procuring, regulating, using, and maintaining medical devices throughout the supply chain in the participating countries. IPA is collaborating with PATH to provide insight on these processes in several focus countries, including Malawi.
As part of this project, PATH and IPAM are performing rapid landscaping and market analyses for high-priority medical devices to diagnose and understand barriers to access. The goal is to translate these project learnings into a set of actionable recommendations of future areas for health investment. Through these recommendations, the project aims to provide a road map for increasing availability and use of critical medical devices, and ultimately improving access to effective MNCH health services. In Malawi, the project is collaborating with the Ministry of Health to complete a countrywide inventory for the MNCH Medical Devices in all health facilities.
About the position: Reporting to the Senior Field Officer will primarily be responsible for data collection for this study. He/she will be predominantly based in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary role of the field officer will be data collection following the set study protocols and guidelines with minimal supervision
- Interacting with respondents, team members and project partners with the highest level of integrity and understanding.
- Ensure that data integrity is always maintained and minimize errors in data collection and transmission.
- Creating and sustaining a positive relationship with the study respondents, partners, and team members.
- Providing study management team with regular feedback on data collection activities.
- Conscientious performance of assigned duties such as translating, and piloting of survey tools and other duties as assigned and directed by the supervisor
- Accounting for project finances assigned to him/her
- Proper management and utmost care of IPA resources, items, and equipment.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a College Diploma from recognized Institution in any research related field with data collection experience
- Must possess a valid human subject certificate by Collaborative Institutional Training Institute
- Experience conducting interviews with high and mid-level government officials
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection using both paper surveys and computerized surveys.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, Chichewa and other languages commonly spoken in Malawi.
- Ability to handle and speak with people from diverse cultural back grounds
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable interviewing respondents while maintaining professionalism.
- Well organized, detail-oriented with excellent listening skills
- Experience in electronic data collection using SurveyCTO, ODK or any other CAIs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in independently and meet targets with tight timelines.
- Willingness to travel and work in rural parts of Malawi.
- Well groomed, well-mannered and cultured individual
TO APPLY: If you are interested and meet the above requirements, apply by Clicking Here by midnight October 25th, 2021
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to IPA to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer – MD4MD Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.