One Acre Fund
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers high-performing African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund’s operations.
When joining, interns will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Impact Ventures team in Malawi provides farmers with high quality tree seedlings for ecosystem management and household income generation. Essentially, we think holistically about our program’s impact footprint and ways in which we can continue to maximize it. The Impact Venture Intern will be based in Machinga and Chiradzulu, Malawi and will report to the Program Specialist.
- Support the daily activities of One Acre Fund’s Impact Ventures Tree programs
- Conduct scouting and contribute to decisions in regards to potential areas where the program can expand to
- Tree Market Survey Execution and support in data management
- Recruitment and hiring of seasonal staff (e.g. FA, TGLs)
- Support in the creation and editing of FA trainings
- Undertake an independent stretch project to contribute to the program’s success and professional development as specified by the program lead
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Citizenship in MALAWI – you will submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card.
- Recent college graduates or young professional with Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Community /Rural development, or any other related fields. Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree as of June 2019 are eligible for One Acre Fund internships/fellowships
- work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school.
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application).
- interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers.
- desire for personal and professional growth
- Fluent in English and Chichewa
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Machinga and Chiradzulu, Malawi
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malawi.
30 June 2021.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.