Website PaKaliba Flex LTD
PaKaliba Flex Ltd is a newly progressive and innovative large scale crowd farming organisation which will be initially operating in Lilongwe and Salima districts.
PaKaliba flex will operate their own farms as well as cooperating with rural farmers to mutually carry out farming operations to satisfy the needs of its customers.
The organisation will engage in modern and innovative farming practice to ensure voluminous and high quality production.
Therefore, an opportunity has arisen for qualifying, innovative and motivated candidates to be recruited as pioneers of the project.
PaKaliba Flex invites application from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the positions of Farm Operatives based in Salima.
POST: FARM OPERATIVE DUTY STATION: SALIMA
Reporting: the position reports to Farm Operations Manager
The position requires an innovative person who is; a team player, hardworking, willing to learn more, and easily trained. The successful candidate will be required to carry out duties assigned according to season, i.e., operating and maintaining farm equipment, caring for livestock, mowing and baling hay, ploughing, harvesting etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
- Malawi School Certificate of Education with credit in agriculture or the equivalent is required.
- At least two years of experience working on a farm or ranch and performing work such as land preparation, ploughing, fertiliser and chemicals application, irrigation, harvesting, caring for livestock, fixing fence, cutting trees, mowing, and baling hay, etc.
- Experience in operating and maintaining farm equipment, such as tractors, mowers, chain saws, etc. is required.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills with a strong command of English.
- The ability to drive farm tractors is required.
- Must be comfortable working with and have respect for people with different ethnic backgrounds.
- Should be willing to work outdoors, in all types of weather and during odd hours
License: Possession of a Malawi driver’s license is an added advantage. Possession of a public pesticide operator’s license is an added advantage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general farm duties as assigned, fixing fence, moving and baling hay, cutting trees, planting crops, irrigating, applying fertilizer or chemicals, ploughing, cultivating, and harvesting plantings.
- Provides general care to livestock e.g., feeding, providing directed health care, and assisting with breeding, calving, and selling animals.
- Safely operates light vehicles and heavy tractors
Safely operates various farm equipment/tools such as, ploughs, mowers, and disc harrows, post augers, gasoline-operated power tools, sprayers, trimmers, and chain saws, electrically-operated drills and saws etc.
- Properly apply chemicals used in farming and ranching.
Performs regular and directed field maintenance by mowing using riding mowers or tractors and gasoline-powered trimmers or chain saws, clearing brush, slasher and setting up, adjusting, repairing, and cleaning irrigation systems.
- Ensures that farm machinery, equipment, and tools are operational by performing routine and preventative maintenance, and repairs within demonstrated capability.
Maintain farm buildings, trim hedges, clear drainage ditches and mend fences and walls.
- Maintains a positive image of the company by fostering good relationships with clients and the surrounding community.
- Contributes to the overall success of the company by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure that all operations are done in accordance with recommended standards. For example, following applicable traffic laws, wearing appropriate safety equipment such as protective clothing etc., following either written or verbal directions for mixing chemical compounds according to specifications, disposing of residual chemical products as directed or storing them for future use, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their applications, stating their expected monthly salary, including detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
The Executive Director
P O Box 30940
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org