The Multi-Sectoral Nutrition (MSN) Coordinator will provide guidance and be responsible for facilitating the implementation of objective three of the second Uganda Nutrition Action Plan (2020-2025) through working closely nutrition focal
persons at KCCA and its Divisions; Directorate of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at OPM, UNAP implementing Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and Nutrition implementing Partners. He/she shall report to the Technical Director Nutrition
Under the supervision of the Technical Director Nutrition, working closely with the Activity leads and technical officers, Nutrition Focal Persons at KCCA and its Divisions; Directorate of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at OPM, UNAP implementing Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) MSN coordinator shall:
- Serve as the USAID MCHN Activity point person for the MSN and KCCA and its Divisions; Directorate of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at OPM, UNAP implementing Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), support KCCA and its Divisions; Directorate of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at OPM, UNAP implementing Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) implementation of the enabling environment actions under objective three of the UNAPII.
- Liaise with KCCA; Directorate of Strategic Coordination and Implementation at OPM, UNAP implementing Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to participate in;
- Regular MSN coordination meetings
- Implementation of strategy for strengthening functionality of MSN in Kampala Capital City Authority (KCNCC) and the five divisions (DiNCCs) in accordance with the UNAP II SOP.
- Orientation of partners, on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for UNAP coordination Structures and Nutrition Governance using approved OPM SOPs and Nutrition Governance Manuals.
- Build capacity of Sector Nutrition Coordination committees in adaptive leadership at national and subnational levels for improved MSN governance
- Liaise with USAID IPs and other IPs to strengthen the local governments DNCC functionality.
- Liaise with USAID MCHN M&E department to support the use of data to analyse performance, facilitate learning, improve nutrition governance pillars at national and subnational levels based on the UNAPII MEAL framework indicators of the Nutrition Governance objective.
- Liaise with the USAID MCHN Knowledge Manager to:
- Establish and supervise the national and subnational level information sharing platform and documentation of the experiences and lessons learnt under the MSN Platform:
- Foster and support use of program experiences and lessons learnt for continuous quality improvement.
- Support the USAID IPs establish/strengthen regional level learning platforms and build capacity of DNCCs to manage the learning.
- Ensure sharing of state of evidence of SNCC, KCCA-NCC and KCCA DiNCC and best practices
A master’s degree in human nutrition with a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and/or management studies.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coordination of complex and multi-sectors
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of working with the local government/district structures in Uganda.
- Knowledge of the decentralization and Local Government structures and operations
- Understanding of the UNAP, Implementation and coordination framework.
- Good understanding of the UNAP implementation arrangements at national and subnational levels in Uganda
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relations with different stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients of all demographics and professional levels.
- Ability to multi-task and work unsupervised, managing extensive travels and logistical arrangements.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, knowledge of basic office and bookkeeping software.
- Proven facilitation skills and ability to disseminate lessons learned effectively
- Ability to gain credibility with the OPM, and MSN Stakeholders
Working conditions including Travel and Overtime:
Ability to travel up to 60 % of the time
Interested qualified job applicants who meet the above criteria should ONLY submit soft copy of
- Cover letter
- Academic transcripts and
- Three professional referees in one attachment not later than Friday 12th March 2021 before 5:00PM to the link below and follow the steps
Here are the steps to follow:
- Click on “Sign In”
- Click on “Create Account”
- Add email and password
- Upload CV and complete fields
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Category: International Jobs
Deadline: March 12, 2021
Company Name: FHI 360