The REL manager will lead research, evaluation, and learning projects and capacity-strengthening with direction from the Liberia MERL Director in partnership with the Global MERL research team. She/he will drive, manage, and/or support all components of research in Liberia, including project design, implementation, analysis, write-up, and results in dissemination.
The REL manager will engage LMH departments, the MOH, and technical advisors to inform the research and evaluation priorities. She/he will drive learning and dissemination from research and evaluation results, including through engagement with ministry and programmatic teams, manuscript development, conference publication, and elevation of LMH and MOH voices to publication and international dissemination fora. This work will contribute to responsive programmatic changes based on research and evaluation findings, with lessons shared across the organization, NCHAP, and internationally. In addition, she/he will support research capacity building within LMH and at the MOH.
The REL manager will serve an essential role in realizing LMH’s strategic objectives to build the organization’s leadership in quality CHW program research and disseminate a body of landmark evidence to share lessons learned.
What You’ll Do
- Drive research strategy and agenda-setting
- Under the direction of the MERL Director, in coordination with, programs, NCHS, digital health, LMH Liberian leadership, and Global MERL, develop a research strategy, set priorities, and align timelines.
- Build relationships with relevant MOH departments, like HMER, and coordinate around and align research priorities
- Maintain a birds-eye view of all research priorities and track projects against LMH strategic goals and theory of change
- Manage research and evaluation projects through all stages
- Design research and evaluation projects, protocols and tools, and ensure ethical compliance with local IRB for new and existing projects
- Supervise field implementation and quality assurance throughout the data gathering
- Conduct data analyses for research projects for various audiences and purposes
- Write results and findings from projects for different audiences
- Manage team members and consultants on research projects, including Program Perceptions team
- Oversee day-to-day work and teamwork-planning for relevant team members
- Track budgets and liquidations prior to budget manager sign-off
- Support team professional development plans and capacity development
- Drive organizational, ministry, and international learning from research and evaluation projects
- Ensure that learning is used to drive decision-making and enable institutional knowledge retention across departments, including through involving all departments in research and evaluation processes and disseminating project results organization-wide
- Engage MOH at the central level in data analysis and data usage to ensure understanding of project results and use of results for decision-making
- Write research manuscripts and coordinate contributions and authorships across diverse teams
- Represent LMH and promote other LMH and MOH staff to represent results to external stakeholders at relevant conferences and other learning venues
- Coordinate research and learnings across other LMH offices and countries as relevant
Build research and data analysis capacity at LMH and MOH
- Develop LMH and MOH one and three-year capacity building plan with HMER around research and data analyses support
- Conduct research capacity strengthening activities at LMH, including through a research capacity strengthening workshop
- Teach STATA and other analysis tools and approaches to LMH and HMER participants.
What You’ll Bring
- Advanced science or public health degree required
- At least 3 years of experience in the research, monitoring, and evaluation of public health interventions, or a related field
- At least 1 year of experience managing staff and/or teams
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams and stakeholders, including national governments
- Experience conducting remote or field-based work is preferred
You’ll Impress Us If
- Strong analytic and quantitative thinking abilities
- Experience with data analysis tools like STATA, ArcGIS, Dedoose, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English), and ability to communicate across cultural barriers
- Ability to drive consensus in groups and advocate for evidence-driven approaches
- High level of initiative to innovate and lead in resource-limited settings
- A strong commitment to health and social justice, and to the mission of Last Mile Health
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world at the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston, and New York. world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care service.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Monrovia, Montserrado, Liberia
Category: International Jobs
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Company Name: Last Mile Health