*Preferred position location: United Kingdom. Other locations location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Global Chief People Officer, this role, together with the current People & Organizational Capability team is accountable for:
- Developing and implement an integrated strategy for People & Organisation Capability for the organisation to deliver on Our Promise.
- Knowledge of the development and evolution of the organization’s Culture.
- Driving a robust organisational wide leadership framework.
- Developing strategy for building capability across the Partnership at all levels.
- Developing WV’s Learning ecosystem strategy focusing on organisational core requirements including compliance training and core competencies.
- Developing clear strategically aligned succession plans with deep and diverse talent to drive career progression of top talent.
- Evolving Performance Management to drive the mind-sets and behaviour of the staff as aligned in Our Promise and measuring staff engagement via Our Voice.
- Knowledge of the development and evolution of the organization’s Culture – the series of employee beliefs, attitudes and modes of behaviour that collectively define the company’s character and which determine its ability to achieve optimal operational efficiencies and sustainable growth.
- Drive organizational analysis to review quantitative or conceptual problems and situations, and draw valid conclusions from data presented for the purpose of business needs. This includes the ability to identify significant trends, relationships, and themes relevant to the organization.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of organizational design and the ability to create, implement, and evaluate organization redesign interventions and efforts.
- The ability to successfully prepare long-range plans for diverse, multi-functional areas, contribute to partnership-wide, entity and operational strategies in a measurable and valuable way.
Leadership & Executive Development:
- Review existing global leadership development practices – qualitative assessment, ROI etc in order to align organizational approaches into a common global framework.
- Gain and maintain WV executive endorsement (conceptual, time, resources – including financial) to the WV way of Leadership Development. This will involve introduction of targeted new initiatives, aligning current and curtailment of some current activities. Core elements may be defined and delivered globally with regional and local activities aligned to the core framework and strategy. Key focus areas for global delivery are likely to be orientation to Leadership within World Vision, development for identified Talent and developing good people and organisational management practice at leadership and key management levels.
- Consult, influence and deliver innovative solutions where resource restrictions occur across all office types.
- Monitor and report at Executive level on progress of implementation and enhancement of WV leadership culture.
- Engage and partner with external organisations in order to collaborate across the industry and share appropriate resources as needed.
Learning & Development (L&D):
- Develop organisational wide learning strategy to meet organisational objectives.
- Develop a learner centric approach to World Visions learning ecosystem.
- Engage appropriately with the organization’s L&D leaders and practitioners.
- Ensure best practices are executed with sound adult learning principles, instructional design and fit for purpose execution using transformative learning methods.
- Lead strategies and initiatives to increase learning and developments standards, quality and impact across the partnership.
- Assist in the building or consolidation of a network and resources for L&D professionals.
- Appropriately engage with external parties in the industry to leverage L&D building opportunities.
- Influence senior leadership’s understanding and commitment to effective and integrated L&D activities.
- Integrate Learning and Development strategies with Performance Management, Talent Management and Leadership Development.
Global Talent Strategy and Partnership Alignment:
- Develop the philosophy, strategy and standards for how talent management helps the Partnership respond to talent-related opportunities and demands.
- Establish and promote a global talent management strategy alongside a regular rhythm of intentional talent reviews to be owned and championed by key executives across the Partnership.
- Author and own the long-term Executive talent management strategy.
- Gain commitment to a framework of actions and initiatives which will arise from Talent Management processes, e.g. partnering on development and coaching recommendations, organizational support and review, career transition etc.
- Ensure that the Talent Management processes include dealing with low performers who have reached or passed potential with a lower aligned to leadership competency profiles.
- Work directly with WV Executive Leadership Team to undertake group wide Talent Review processes, moving to supporting as these processes are better embedded.
- Establish a clear set of career paths available within the Partnership and process by which these are tied into results of talent reviews and development conversations.
- Instigate best practice and WV specific requirements in succession planning which encompasses most critical roles of the organization.
- Integration with Talent Management initiatives.
- Integration with global diversity and inclusion initiatives and targets.
- Integration with top talent for longer term development planning.
- Implementation will require actual and virtual cross regional leadership, high level project management and consultation with the CPO.
- Forecasting future leadership needs and coordinating that with the global workforce planning team.
Performance Management & Employee Engagement:
- Develop an integrated Performance Management strategy that integrates with organisational strategy, learning and development, talent management and leadership development.
- Champion Performance Management strategy that drives and encourages the mindsets and behaviour of the staff as aligned in Our Promise.
- Build global procedures and rhythm for annual performance and development touchpoints to ensure employees have robust performance goals and outcomes, individual development plans and career conversations with management.
- Plan and design automation strategy for Performance Management activities and tracking.
- Oversee processes and reporting needs pertaining to annual staff survey.
- Engage with Executive Leadership to champion the use of annual staff survey to drive improvement in leadership effectiveness across the organisation.
- Build networks and partnerships both internally and externally to establish performance management practices that are future focused to address upcoming talent needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 10 years’ experience leading heads of Leadership Development, Learning & Development, and Talent Management.
- Experience within the global field with strategies to address the various viewpoints of diversity, equity & inclusion that come amongst differing cultures.
- Extensive experience providing HR capability to senior executives, President/CEOs, and boards.
- Track record of designing and successfully implementing leadership development, L&D, talent management and/or performance management and engagement surveys.
- Strong leadership skills and team management capabilities. Proven people leader, coach and mentor, coupled with experience in indirect and virtual leadership.
- University degree in HR, Business or related field. A relevant Masters degree would be considered desirable, coupled with extensive senior and executive level HR management.
- CIPD, HRCI, or SHRM certification or similar.
- English required. Ability to communicate in French and Spanish a plus.
- Proven people leader in indirect and remote working modes.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to work according to local time zones wherever WV functions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Category: International Jobs
Deadline: March 22, 2021
Company Name: World Vision International