You may easily become frustrated as you search for a job, especially if it has taken some time since you had a job and the time you have been looking for a job has prolonged. But do not become weary, instead stay positive until you finally get a job.
A positive attitude will keep you motivated to continue searching for a job, which will eventually land you a new job. Through a positive attitude, you will even attract to yourself people and situations that will create a new employment opportunity for you.
The following tips will help you stay positive while looking for a job:
- Treat your job search like a job itself – Daily, look up for latest jobs on jobmalawi.net or related job boards and in local newspapers at a certain time.
- Create Corporate Networks – Become friends with people working in different companies and organizations, who can keep you informed about latest vacancies in their workplaces. Join and be part of social media groups that share legitimate job vacancies.
- Volunteer – Apply to volunteer in companies and organizations that may require the services of volunteers or Interns. This will help you gain experience to expand your CV and references and create more opportunities for you to get even better jobs.
- Be Updated – Research online on the latest trends on how to layout a Curriculum Vitae and how to structure a job application or cover letter or link ups with us so that we can do it for you.. Through research, you will also discover key qualities and skills that modern employers look out for when shortlisting potential employees.
- Make it fun – Do not let job search become a bother to you, be excited about it and always be willing to find out about new opportunities.