Strategic Information Manager
- Provide technical oversight and support in ensuring robust monitoring and evaluation of CDS results and in the reporting of core and customized indicator data to USAID/PEPFAR.
- Ensures regular analysis of project performance data and work closely with the Data Analyst to produce custom quality gaps; consistent dissemination of indicator results at all levels within FHI 360 level and that feedback is given to partners on performance in a way that is focused on program and performance improvements.
- Advise on and help design innovative data collection systems and contribute to real-time data being available for analysis.
- Work closely with the COP and technical teams in supporting performance-related trouble shooting and in facilitating timely resolution of these issues at CDS and implementing partner levels.
- Strengthen the capacity and supervise FHI 360 staff (CDS Senior SI/MER Officers and Data Capturer) and local partners to be alert of the latest best practices in M&E and to develop and implement SI/M&E systems in line with donor requirements, through formal training and regular mentoring.
- Supervise and support the data management, analysis, partner – level data validations and other quality management – related initiatives linked to the PEPFAR indicator data sets, ensuring that a living project- wide Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is in place for managing the Data Management and Data Quality management-related initiatives linked to the PEPFAR indicator data sets, ensuring that a living project-wide Supervise and support the data management, analysis, partner-level data validations and other quality Assurance (DQA) System.
- Takes full responsibility for implementation of data validation activities across all implementing partners, ensuring that tools are updated as necessary and that a periodic schedule for these activities is developed and adhered to; that reports are received and results entered into a database, and improvement action plans are implemented effectively in line with best practices.
- Further program learning and adaptation through analysis and triangulation of data, documenting program successes and contributing to the production of analytical and technical reports, contributing to any operations or implementation research, evaluations, presentations, and related publications.
- Participates in all program reviews meetings or workshops.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the SIR Director.
- Five years’ experience as a SI/MER Manager or Senior Officer/Advisor in USAID/PEPFAR funded programs.
- Five years’ experience in USAID OVCY MER is essential
- Experience in conducting data quality assessments is required.
- Knowledge of HIV, health, and development programs in developing countries in general and Sub-Saharan Africa specifically.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding health M&E, data quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Experience managing, supervising, and building the capacity of SI/MER Officers and data coordinators as well as implementing partner level MER staff.
- Capacity to consistently provide technical inputs on the CDS project to improve the quality of HIV and AIDS service delivery or technical assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain healthy, productive working relationships among project staff and implementing partners.
- Ability to represent FHI 360 to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- High level communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities as necessary, and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Well-developed computer skills. Advantage
- Up to 40% (subject to COVID-related restrictions)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Category: International Jobs
Company Name: FHI 360