At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all teachers and learners. Do you have previous experience working in concert with ministries of health to deliver high-quality programs focused on training of frontline health workers and government leaders? If so, you may be our next Technical Coordinator on the Community Health Academy (Academy) team.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Coordinator will play a critical role in supporting programming in Ethiopia by coordinating with the Federal Ministry of Health, operating partners, and LMH team members across East and Southern Africa.
The team is specifically interested in a candidate who possesses expertise in one or more the following areas of work:
- Public health
- Capacity building
- Digital health
- Digital education
- Community health worker programming
- Government engagement
Throughout their employment with Last Mile Health and the Academy, the Technical Coordinator will support a variety of projects and efforts to promote the Academy’s vision to establish stronger, sustainable community health programs across the region through high-quality training for the health leaders, community health workers, supervisors, and managers who deliver health services to the last mile and beyond. During these unprecedented times, the Technical Coordinator will specifically be engaged in a wide range of projects related to COVID-19 response, Reproductive Maternal and Child Health (RMNCH), and Health Systems Leadership Development (HSLD) programs.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Program Director, to cultivate, engage, and coordinate partners (e.g. donors, faculty, learners, sponsors, and others) interested in supporting the programs at the country and regional level
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge
- Contribute to building country and partners capacity as it relates to Health Systems Leadership Development (HSLD) and Clinical Education (CE) programs
- Provide oversight on the execution of regional engagements, inclusive of stakeholder management, project management, deliverable tracking, reporting, budget, and knowledge management for projects
- Support external relationship management in partnership with the Program Director, including regular communications, presentations, and thought partnership
- Support the adaptation, localization, and digitalization of the RMNCH blended learning curriculum for community health workers at the country level
- Research new and emerging health leadership development thinking and design theories to help position the Academy at the forefront of quality learning in this field
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated experience in public health
- A minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience in one or more of the work areas highlighted in the job summary
- Work authorization in Ethiopia
- Ability to travel extensively within the region with limited support (dependent on COVID-19 travel limitations)
- Significant project management experience
- A proven track record of building and maintaining productive and lasting relationships with partners, such as governments, clinical entities, academic institutions
- Comfortableness working in teams as well as acting independently in the implementation of specific tasks, prioritizing, working under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to diplomatically navigate complex stakeholder dynamics, proactively problem-solve to negotiate, and achieve results and consensus with multiple influencers
- Robust knowledge management skills, including the advanced use of major office applications
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; ability to use Excel to create charts, graphs, and pivot tables preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with diverse stakeholders in a range of multi-disciplinary settings
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have an understanding of curriculum development for digital learning
- You have extensive knowledge of health system frameworks related technical terms and programs
- You have previously worked as a government leader or frontline health worker
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around our compensation policy and benefits associated with this position. In line with our compensation principles, this position will pay at the 50th to 60th percentile of the market to which you are employed. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
You can read about our competitive benefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams, and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Category: International Jobs
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Company Name: Last Mile Health